- It is possible to sleep in til 8am and still get to school on time. After a middle of the night bed wetting episode last night, I managed to sleep through my alarm for one and a half hours. Olive ended up waking me. Ooops. We still got to school 10 minutes before the bell.
- Making up a whole pack of Vegemite wholemeal rolls and freezing them in individual bags makes for speedy lunch assembly.
- Parking at schools can be hell. Better to park further away and walk with less hassles (and no risk of a parking ticket). Sneaky exercise too!
- Preppies get very hungry after school. Chopping up a lot of carrot sticks and keeping them in the fridge immersed in water makes for a healthy, fast snack (especially with a spoonful of hummus) and doubles as an entree for dinner! I found out the hard way what a sweet treat after school does to Olive – emotional melt down anyone?
- The time between drop off and pick up goes fast – too fast! I struggled to get everything I wanted to get done. I need to be a bit more realistic about housework, exercise and other commitments.
What have you learnt as a school mum?
Linking up with Essentially Jess for I blog on Tuesdays.